Classification of Students
Student Classification Categories
- Curricular students
- Students who have a high school diploma, GED, or its equivalent, or are otherwise determined qualified for admission are designated curricular students. Student information system files must contain all of the information required for general admission to the College as curricular students, and students must have formally requested and been admitted to one of the curricula of the College.
- Noncurricular student
- A student who has not been formally admitted to one of the curricula of the College.
- Full-time student
- A student enrolled for 12 or more credits in a term.
- Part-time student
- A student enrolled for fewer than 12 credits in a term.
- A student is classified as a freshman until 30 semester credits have been completed.
- A student is considered a sophomore after successfully completing 30 semester credits.