Resume and Employment Assistance
What do I need to do before looking for a job?
A 'perfect' résumé and cover letter are the marketing tools needed to gain an interview. Be aware that some web sites offer services for a fee, but there are plenty of free resources on line, in your local library and at your school Career Services Center.
College Central LFCC online Career Services site offers articles and video tips on résumés, cover letters, interview skills and much more. Sign In.
Cover Letter Tips:
- Cover Letter tips and samples: resources through Career One Stop
- Top Skills and Values Employers seek: article
- Virginia Education Wizard tool to build a résumé.
- Resume Tutorial
- Using Action verbs in a resumes
- Using Keywords in a résumé
- Virginia Workforce Connection offers a free tool to create a résumé.
I got the interview! Now what? Prepare, prepare, prepare!
- Multiple interview resources, practice questions, and a checklist to prepare
- Behavioral interview questions to practice
- Women's Guide to Professional Dress – A YouTube Video
- Men's Guide to Professional Dress – A YouTube Video
Layoff? Re-Employment? Career Change?
- The Virginia Workforce Network can connect you to statewide resources to help you find a job, get training or help you identify the education you need to improve your career. Learn more through the Employment Resource Guide.