TRIO Grant Aid and Financial Assistance
TRIO is granted limited funding each year to distribute to students who are in financial crisis and need emergency assistance. Aid is available on a limited basis, in order to spread the funding to multiple students in need. Grant aid can be given to students to assist with barriers that may otherwise keep them from being successful in their college classes.
- Participant of TRIO one full fall or spring semester prior to application
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Plan to enroll in courses or graduate in subsequent semester
- Active participation with the TRIO program
- Did not receive TRIO financial assistance award previously within the same program year
- Complete financial literacy training before receiving aid
The Application Process
Students interested in receiving grant aid assistance must submit an application to the TRIO office. The applicant must include a summary of the TRIO activities in which the student has participated throughout the past academic year and how being a part of the TRIO program has been beneficial.
The Review Process
Grant aid applications are reviewed twice each fall and spring semester and once in the summer. 2014-15 review dates are:
- October 23
- November 20
- February 26
- April 16
- June 18
Student applications will be awarded based off of the following criteria:
- Eligibility for financial aid
- Amount of unmet financial need
- Participation in TRIO activities and events
If a student is selected to receive aid, we will notify the student via his or her LFCC email account within one week of the review date.