Transferring into LFCC
If you are transferring to LFCC from another college and want to transfer credits, contact the Admissions and Records Office before you register for courses. The Admissions and Records Office staff will help you determine the status of your transfer credits. In general, to receive transfer credits, you must have:
- Taken the courses at an institution with regional accreditation
- Received a grade of "C" or higher
Generally, if you are eligible for readmission at the last college you attended, you are also eligible for admission at LFCC. If you are not eligible for readmission at the last college you attended, you must write to the Admissions and Records Office at least 30 days before general registration and petition to be admitted to LFCC. The College will review your request and may impose special conditions for admittance.
To request transfer credit at LFCC for courses you completed at another college or university, follow these steps:
- Submit a completed application for admission to LFCC.
- Have official transcripts and a catalog or course descriptions sent directly to LFCC from other schools you attended.
- Submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form. You can request this form from the Admissions and Records Office and it is available online.
Your transcripts should be sent to LFCC so that they are received by the College no less than three weeks before you intend to register for classes.
Contact the Admissions and Records Office
Toll free: 800-906-5322, ext. 7105