- Please select one:
- Current Student (LFCC)
- New Student
- Former Student (LFCC)
- High School Student Dual Enrolling for the First Time
- High School Senior Graduating with College Credit
- Incoming Transfer Student
- Student Attending Full Time at Another Institution
- Teacher Seeking Credentialing or Recertification
- International Student
- Non-Native English Speakers (ESL)
- Student holding Associate's degree or higher
- Senior Citizens
- Non-degree Seeking Student
- Workforce and Professional Development Student
To get started, LFCC has a special program to get you up, running, and registered for classes. As a international student, you should follow the steps detailed below.
- 1. Apply for Admission
- 2. Review International Student Admissions Requirements
- 3. If you are planning to attend Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) in F1 status, in addition to applying for admission, you must complete an F1 Student Application.
For assistance please contact Kelsey Whitacre, Veteran and International Admission Specialist at 540-868-7003, or kwhit…@lfcc.edu, or Admissions office, Middletown campus.
- 4. Transfer in Credit/Credentials
- 5. Prepare for and take the Placement Test
F1 visa students whose first language is not English and any student requesting ESL coursework MUST take the Accuplacer English test. Contact the Advising Office at (540) 868-7110 on the Middletown campus, (540) 351-1507 on the Fauquier campus with questions about placement testing.
If you meet one or more of the following, you may not need to take the placement test:
- have completed a Virginia Placement Test (VPT) within the past 2 years
- have taken the SATs and received scores of 500 or better in the Critical Reading and Writing and/or 520 or better in the math sections, or have taken the ACTs and received a combined score of 21 or better in the English and Reading or 22 or better in the math sections within the past 2 years
- have taken ENG 111, ENG 112 and MTH 151 or higher as a previous student
- 6. Watch the LFCC Orientation Video
- 7. Pay Tuition
- 8. Attend New Student Welcome Day