- Please select one:
- Current Student (LFCC)
- New Student
- Former Student (LFCC)
- High School Student Dual Enrolling for the First Time
- High School Senior Graduating with College Credit
- Incoming Transfer Student
- Student Attending Full Time at Another Institution
- Teacher Seeking Credentialing or Recertification
- International Student
- Non-Native English Speakers (ESL)
- Student holding Associate's degree or higher
- Senior Citizens
- Non-degree Seeking Student
- Workforce and Professional Development Student
To get started, LFCC has a special program to get you up, running, and registered for classes. As a high school senior graduating with college credit, you should follow the steps detailed below.
- 1. Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
- The federal government does an initial review for eligibility. ONLY AFTER the LFCC FINANCIAL AID REVIEW, and completion of any required paperwork, is a financial aid award made.
- Federal aid requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Award updates are provided via LFCC student email.
- 2. Prepare for and take the Placement Test
If you meet one or more of the following, you may not need to take the placement test:
- have completed a Virginia Placement Test (VPT) within the past 2 years
- have taken the SATs and received scores of 500 or better in the Critical Reading and Writing and/or 520 or better in the math sections, or have taken the ACTs and received a combined score of 21 or better in the English and Reading or 22 or better in the math sections within the past 2 years
- have taken ENG 111, ENG 112 and MTH 151 or higher as a previous student
- 3. Watch the LFCC Orientation Video
- The video will prompt you to plan for your advising appointment. If prompted, please remember to register for an advising appointment when you are not required to be at school
- Registration for classes and curriculum admission will be completed during your appointment
- Please bring a copy of your unofficial transcripts with you to your appointment
- 4. Pay Tuition
- 5. Attend New Student Welcome Day