External Scholarship Opportunities
Applying for scholarships should be free, any source requiring payment may not be legitimate and may be a scam. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) urges those who believe they may have been a victim of a government grant scam (or any scam) to file a complaint with the FTC online (http://ftccomplaintassistant.gov/), or call toll-free, 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261.
The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, identity theft, and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.
LFCC has been notified of the scholarship opportunities below from local, regional and national organizations. Please review, complete and submit all that are applicable.
- ACLS Medical Training Scholarship – Deadline: Dec. 31, 2014
- Cappex.com – Deadline: Various
- CollegeBoard.com – Deadline: Various
- Dare to Dream Grant – Deadline: Jan. 16, 2015
- Fastweb.com – Deadline: Various
- HomeownersInsurance.com – Deadline: Dec. 31, 2014
- Karin Riley Porter Attorney at Law Good Works Scholarship – Deadline: Jan. 1, 2015
- Scholarships.com – Deadline: Various
- ScholarshipExperts.com – Deadline: Various
- StudentScholarships.org – Deadline: Ongoing
- Zinch.com – Deadline: Various