New students must take placement tests in college reading, writing, and math. The test results allow students and advisors to determine an appropriate course schedule. Students whose scores indicate specific weaknesses may be required to enroll in and successfully complete skills improvement courses prior to college courses.
One of the following Approved Photo Identification documents must be presented before testing.
- Current state Department of Motor Vehicle:
- Driver's license
- Learner's Permit
- Identification Card
- Current Passport
- Current United States Military Identification Card
- LFCC Student Identification Card
Placement testing is computerized (no special computer skills needed) and individualized (first come, first served).
Untimed. Plan to spend approximately four hours.
Reading and Writing exemption:
- Freshman college English course: grade of C or better.
- SAT Critical Reading and Writing scores: 500 or higher within the last two (2) years. Score confirmation is required.
- ACT Reading/English score: 21 or higher within the last two (2) years. Score confirmation is required.
- SAT Math score: 520 or higher within the last two (2) years. Score confirmation is required.
- ACT Math score: 22 or higher within the last two (2) years. Score confirmation is required.
No appointment is required at the Middletown Campus.
No appointment is required at the Fauquier Campus.
The Luray-Page County Center requires an appointment. Please call 540-843-0722.
Testing Center Hours: