Frequently Asked Questions
Getting acquainted with the campus atmosphere takes time. As a new student, you may not know who to ask the right questions. Hopefully the following Frequently Asked Questions will take some of the guesswork out of learning what’s what at Lord Fairfax Community College.
- How does one register for classes?
- Registration for classes can be done through the MyLFCC online portal or by visiting any of LFCC’s three locations in person. Class registration for new students is done at new student orientation. Returning students are asked to work with their academic advisors to determine course selection and sequencing.
- How can I get involved in campus activities?
- LFCC offers many opportunities for you to enrich your college experience, make new friends, and learn something new. You can join a campus club. You can play soccer with the Cannons or cheer from the sidelines.
- How can I find out what’s happening on campus?
- LFCC provides several ways for you to keep up with current events, starting right here on the Web site. You can also read the LFCC Focus, available online, or check out the message board.
- What is an EmplID and why do I need it?
- The EmplID is your unique student identification number. This number is assigned to you through the Student Information System (SIS) when you register at the College. This number is assigned so that you do not have to use your Social Security number. You will use it to gain access to SIS.
- I lost my Student ID. What should I do?
- If you lose your ID or anything else, first check with Lost and Found. If you cannot locate your ID, you must get a new one.
- How can I get a copy of the Student Handbook?
- You can view a copy of the Student Handbook online.
- What should I do if I have a complaint about LFCC?
- LFCC has established policies for student complaints. Before filing a complaint, you may first wish to speak to an adviser.