Ability to Benefit Test
You must pass the Ability to Benefit Test if you meet the following conditions:
- You are not currently enrolled in high school or home school.
- You are over the state of Virginia's age of compulsory attendance (18 years old or older).
- You have not earned a high school diploma, GED, more than six college-level credits or recognized equivalent
You should take the Ability to Benefit Test at the same time that you take the Academic Placement Test.
Retesting may be warranted if the examinee's performance was influenced by factors other than ability or a significant change has occurred in the examinee's knowledge and skills. Retesting may not occur on the same day and may not exceed three attempts in a 30-day period.
Please contact the College's Testing Centers for appontments:
- Middletown Campus: 540-868-7140
- Fauquier Campus: 540-351-1515