How to Prepare for Advising
Students, prepare for Advisors to ask questions like:
- What are your plans?
- How are things going?
- Are the courses you are taking in line with your career goals? With your transfer plans?
- Are you taking courses online?
- What is your GPA?
- Have you contacted or visited any four-year institutions?
- What are your obligations outside of college? Work? How many hours? Family? Children? Work? Health issues?
Degree Academic Advisement Report
Advisor and advisee will need to see a Degree Academic Advisement report.
- MYLFCC and login
- Choose SIS
- Click on student center
- Click on My Academics
- Click on View My Advisement Report
Most important, Do It!
For a smooth and successful transfer experience, students should decide very early in their academic career where they want to transfer and research the transfer process for that school. Students need to look up transfer institution information either via the school website or by calling or meeting with a counselor from the intended transfer school. Bring any information to the advising conference.
There are many transfer planning tips and tools available on LFCC's The Transfer Process webpage.