General Registration Information
All Transfer Students
- Students who have completed course work at another college or university and wish to receive transfer credit at LFCC must take the following actions:
- Students ineligible to return to the last college attended must petition for admission in writing to the Admissions and Records Office a minimum of 30 days prior to general registration. The College will decide on each case and may impose special conditions for admittance.
- Decisions regarding placement testing for transfer students are dependent on prior collegiate work. Persons desiring additional information should see the current College catalog or contact the Office of Student Success at 540-351-1507, Fauquier Campus, or 540-868-7110, Middletown Campus.
Application for Financial Aid
A variety of financial aid packages are available for qualified part-time or full-time enrolled students, including Pell Grants, Academic Competitiveness Grants (ACG), Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG), the College Scholarship Assistance Program (CSAP) and College work-study positions. To apply for grants and scholarships, visit our Web page.
Contact the Financial Aid Office at 540-351-1519, Fauquier Campus, 540-868-7130, Middletown Campus, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Auditing means enrolling in a course for which a student would neither receive credit nor be required to take examinations.
- Registration for audit status is confined to the period from the beginning date of the term/course to the last date to register late and must be approved by the faculty member and appropriate dean.
- Tuition and fees are applicable for audit classes.
- Financial aid will only pay for classes that are being taken for credit towards a degree. Audited classes are not eligible to be paid for with financial aid funds. If you audit a class after financial aid has paid your tuition and fees, you will owe the College the grant money paid that was not earned.
Classroom or Instructor Changes
LFCC reserves the right to change instructors or classroom delivery method (Web, classroom, independent study or distance education) to accommodate class availability, size or structure without prior notice.
LFCC may cancel courses not meeting minimum enrollment requirements.
Refunds will be made if a student drops the course by the appropriate deadline.
Senior citizens are encouraged to take advantage of tuition-free* courses. Virginia citizens age 60 or older:
- may enroll in credit courses for credit if their Virginia taxable income did not exceed $15,000 for the preceding year, and
- may enroll in credit courses for AUDIT (no credit) regardless of income. Senior citizens eligible for free tuition will register the day a session begins on a space-available basis at the Admissions and Records Office.
*Some classes have special fees. These fees are not a part of the senior citizen tuition waiver and will be charged.
LFCC is committed to serving students with disabilities. Students needing special services are urged to inquire about accommodations through the Office of Student Success at 540-351-1507, Fauquier Campus, or 540-868-7110, Middletown Campus.
Withdrawing from a Course(s)
Requests to withdraw must be signed by the student and become effective the date received in the Admissions and Records Office. The course professor’s signature, or the appropriate dean when the professor is not available, is required to withdraw from a course(s), unless withdrawing from all courses in which case a counselor’s signature is required. Withdrawals after the last date to drop for each session must be processed by the Admission and Records Office.
Any student wishing to receive veterans’ educational benefits must notify the Veterans Affairs Officer each term. The U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs will only pay benefits for courses which are applicable to the student’s approved program of study. See our Web site or contact the Veterans Affairs Officer at 540-868-7073 for additional information.