Ways to Pay for College
Who pays for what, how often and when? LFCC has some options when it comes to paying for classes, books, and supplies. A student can pay out of pocket, through a payment plan, be eligible and qualify for financial aid, apply and be awarded scholarships, and or take out student loans.
Please read all information provided on the Financial Aid website and its links. This information is offered as a guide. Please see the Financial Aid Office for specific information and to answer your questions. Contact the Financial Aid Office 540-868-7130 Toll free: 1-800-906-5322, ext. 7130 E-mail: fina…@lfcc.edu
Financial Aid Terms
- A sum of money to aid a student in pursuit of his/her education. If a student attends and passes all of his/her classes, grants are not required to be repaid.
- Money that students borrow that is required to be paid back with interest at time stated in contract
- A loan that does not accrue interest until the recipient leaves school
- Unsubsidized student loan has interest added to the balance even while a student is still enrolled in school. This means that a student's balance will likely be significantly more than what they initially borrowed by the time the graduate
- Money given to a student, because of merit, need, etc., to pursue his/her studies
For more information on LFCC's financial aid information please visit the Financial Aid website.
- Student has applied to LFCC,
- Fill out FAFSA, Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Student should check their student email account for updates from the LFCC Financial Aid Office. It takes approximately one week after the FAFSA is submitted for the college to receive the results.