Virginia Guaranteed Assistance Program (VGAP)
Contact the financial aid office at 540-868-7130 or fina…@lfcc.edu for the application process.
In order to be eligible for an award, a student must:
- Be admitted into a Virginia public two or four year college or university;
- Be enrolled full-time in an approved degree, certificate, or diploma program;
- Be a domiciliary resident of Virginia as defined by the Code of Virginia §23-7.4;
- Be a citizen or eligible non-citizen of the U.S.;
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the institution;
- Graduate from a Virginia high school orcomplete a program of home school instruction in accordance with § 22.1-254.1 (students who obtain a GED are not eligible);
- Have at least a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent);
- If a home school completer: achieve a SAT verbal and math combined score of at least 900 or ACT Composite score of at least 19, and
- Be classified as a dependent student for federal financial aid purposes
The actual awards will vary by institution; however, those students found to be in the neediest category may receive awards of at least tuition. The maximum award is the cost of tuition, required fees, and a book allowance.
Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years provided that the student:
- Maintain continuous full-time enrollment;
- Maintains domiciliary residency in Virginia;
- Demonstrates continued financial need;
- Maintains at least a college grade point average of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, or its equivalent; and
- Maintains the satisfactory academic progress standards of the institution for federal student aid programs.