The following is a description of current program requirements. Students who enrolled previously should consult the catalog for the year in which they began the program, and/or their advisor.
|2014-15 Catalog||2014-15 Worksheet|
- Attend a mandatory EMS orientation session with instructor
- Be at least 18 at start of program
- Meet the requirements listed in the Virginia Office of
- Emergency Medical Services document Prerequisites for EMS training Programs, Criminal History and Standards of Conduct
- High school graduate or GED
- Satisfy admission requirements for LFCC
- Current Virginia or National Registry EMT-
- Intermediate certification (must remain current for duration of program) or completion of the EMT- Intermediate curriculum
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR Certification or other CPR card accepted by the Commonwealth of VA Office of EMS (must remain current for duration of program)
- No physical limitations rendering the student unfit to perform all required duties
- To complete the Clinical and Field Internship portions of the program, submit results of a physical exam completed within the last 12 months as proof of immunizations or resistance to measles, mumps, rubella, Tdap, polio, Hepatitis B Vaccination, and TB Skin test within the last12 months. If PPD is positive, submit results of chest x-ray showing negative for active TB.
- LFCC placement tests and completion of any developmental work that may be identified by the placement test. Must show competency in MTE 1-6 and ENG 111 to satisfy requirements without taking remediation.
- Residents from outside the Lord Fairfax Community Service Area are admitted only after all applicants who reside in the College service area have been considered.
- Completion of criminal background search, fingerprinting, and drug screen as required and to the satisfaction of affiliating clinical agencies.
- Student must complete BIO 145 or an equivalent (i.e. NAS 150, BIO 142) prior to enrolling in the 200 level EMS courses (i.e. Paramedic
The EMS program at LFCC is fully accredited by the Virginia Office of EMS.