Gene Loranger, Professor of Manufacturing and Information Technology Education
- Licensed Master Electrician and electrical contractor, Virginia & Massachusetts
- Holds an Associate of Science Degree: Electrical/Mechanical Engineering; Massasoit Community College, Blue Hills, MA.
- Holds a Bachelor of Science Degree: Business Management. Houghton College, West Seneca, NY.
- Holds a Master's of Science Degree: Computers in Education. Shenandoah University.
- Certified Third Class Boiler Engineer; Washington D.C.
- Successfully completed a five year electrical apprenticeship in industry in Massachusetts.
- Graduated from Coast Guard's electrician's mate school New York, NY.
Background and Experience:
Owned and operated an electrical contracting business and has worked in various manufacturing industries, over 28 years' experience, as an electrician, estimator, electrical engineer, senior project engineer, engineering manager, and as a plant manager. Was a Second Class Electrician's Mate in U.S. Coast Guard. Has taught at trade school, technical school, in industry, and at the college level for the past 17 years.
Fulltime professor of Manufacturing and Information Technology Lord Fairfax Community College; Division of Business and Technology since January1999. Teaches Practical Electricity 1 & 11, National Electrical Code, Computer Fundamentals/Microsoft Office Products, Lego Robotics/Alice 3D Programming.
Gene Enjoys; sailing, bowling, golfing, gardening, vehicle acquisitions, home remodeling, and teaching.