What is Middle College?
Preparation for college and career readiness focused on:
- providing one semester of classroom preparation and many other support services
- completing the GED
- getting career readiness training and certification (CRC)
- completing two LFCC credit courses
Who is eligible for Middle College?
Young adults ages 18-24 years old who:
- don't have a high school diploma or GED and are no longer enrolled in high school
- are able to demonstrate 9th grade ability or above in reading and math
- motivated and committed to attending all classes
- planning to become a Lord Fairfax Community College student
What do Students Say?
"The Middle College gave me a chance to move forward and achieve more goals in my life, such as college and having a profession, not a dead-end job." – Samantha, Student
"Since getting my GED in the Middle College, I have received a promotion at my job. I am now attending the community college." – Latoya, Student
By 2018, 64% of all jobs in Virginia will require some postsecondary training beyond high school. - Virginia Employment Commission
How do I enroll?
Step 1 - Call 540-868-7272 and schedule an appointment with the Middle College Campus Coach to:
- Complete a Middle College application, and
- Arrange to take the Test of Adult Basic Education (T.A.B.E.) to determine grade level in reading and math.
Step 2- Admitted Middle College participants are expected to:
- determine if morning or evening classes are preferred;
- eliminate conflicts with scheduled classes by making arrangements for childcare, transportation and/or work;
- plan to attend the Middle College orientation for admitted participants.
For more information, please contact:
Office of Transition Programs
The Lodge, Room 330
173 Skirmisher Lane
Middletown, VA 22645-1745