LFCC General Information
LFCC provides a positive, caring and dynamic learning environment that inspires student success, values diversity and promotes community vitality.
LFCC enriches communities as we provide exemplary educational opportunities based on our core values. Those values are as follows:
- Learning - We foster an environment that ignites and sustains a passion for lifelong learning.
- High Performance - We are focused, responsive, collaborative and accountable.
- Integrity - We exemplify honesty, character and respect for our communities.
- Positive Spirit - We value creativity, enthusiasm and a "can-do" attitude.
- Diversity - We honor the uniqueness of individuals and communities.
The College is named in honor of Thomas Lord Fairfax VI, who in 1747 established his residence, Greenway Court, at nearby White Post. For 34 years, Lord Fairfax managed his vast property of more than five million acres that extended from Virginia's Northern Neck to Fort Duquesne, now Pittsburgh. A respected force in the formation of the new America, Lord Fairfax died at age 88 in 1781.
Service Region (view map)
LFCC serves the counties of Clarke, Fauquier, Frederick, Page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah, and Warren and the City of Winchester. In terms of the total number of people in its service region, the College is the seventh largest college in the VCCS.
LFCC has three convenient locations.
The Middletown Campus is scheduled to add the Corron Community Development Center in 2009.
- Fauquier Campus – 10,300 cataloged items
- Middletown Campus – 51,500 cataloged items
Number of Employees
- 34 full-time administrators
- 65 full-time teaching faculty
- 89 full-time classified staff members
- 82 part-time wage, federal work-study and student employees
- Approximately 240 adjunct professors per semester
2011-12 Operating Budget
Appropriations & Revenues
|General Funds||Estimated 12|
|Total General Funds||$8,520,702|
|Non-General Funds||Estimated 12|
|Indirect Cost Recovery||$15,000|
|Refund of Prior Year Expenditures||$600,000|
|Personnel Costs Reimbursed from Local Funds||$122,000|
|Full-time Faculty Additions||$173,320|
|Total Non-General Fund Appropriation||$18,232,333|
|Total Funds Available||$26,753,035|
|Total Development Budget||$250,355|
|Financial & Administrative Services||$2,894,300|
|Total FAS Budget||$5,921,500|
|Total Human Resources Budget||$547,500|
|Academic & Student Affairs Budget||$952,652|
|Total Academic & Student Affairs Budget||$13,512,800|
|Total President Budget||$646,000|
|Total Workforce Budget||$1,368,280|
|Dual Enrollment High School Payments||$1,530,000|
|College Improvements (one-time)||$1,086,600|
|Personnel: 2% Bonus||$390,000|
|Total Budget||$ 26,753,035|
Lord Fairfax Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lord Fairfax Community College.
Tuition and Fees
LFCC tuition and fees are approximately one-third the cost of attending a four-year college or university in Virginia.
LFCC and the Virginia Community College System (VCCS) have agreements with four-year institutions that ensure transfer of credits and/or admission to the institutions.