Below are the topics that are currently available. Please let us know if you would like to have a different topic discussed. We may be able to find a speaker to accommodate your needs.
- The Five Advisors Every Business Needs
- When Expenses are Cut, What Gets Cut Last?
- What Do You Do When You Can’t Pay the Bills?
- Starting a New Venture
- What is this Thing Called a Business Plan?
- Strategic Planning – When and How
- What are the “Financials” Used For?
- In Business, How Do You Protect Personal Assets?
- Justifying a Capital Expenditure
- What is a Mystery Shopper?
- How Do You Approach a Bank for a Loan?
- What is the Role of the Small Business Administration?
- What is the Role of Main Street? – Main Street vs. Wall Street
- In-house Print Publishing: Client-centered Flyers & Brochures
- Getting a Job in Today’s Market
- Career Planning—What Do I Want to Do When I Grow Up?
- Preparing for Careers in Health Professions
- Health Care Delivery Systems
- Nursing Shortage
- Cognitive Development & Reflective Writing
- Path to Promotion & Career Advancement: MCAS National Certifications – Microsoft Office 2007
- Building Internship Partnerships for Administrative Support Technology Students
- Careers in Science; Women in Science
- Pre-STEM: Preparing for a Career in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Understanding College Processes – How to Get in and Pay for College
- Ensuring a Successful College Experience
- Helping Your Child Prepare for the College Experience
- Millennial Students
- Academic Cheating/Prevention
- College Opportunities for High School Students
- Transitioning into College
- Nontraditional Students in Higher Education
- The Virtual Lifelong Learner
- Preparing for College: How does College Differ from High School?
- Academic Programs at LFCC-Fauquier Campus
- Partnerships with Parents and Supporters of College Students
- The Passionate Student!
- Developing the Heart of a Speaker
- Conquering the Fear of Public Speaking
- What’s Your Point? Taking the “Lard” Out of Business Correspondence!
- Information is Not Communication
- Improving Your Communication Skills
- How Full is Your Bucket – The Power of Positivity
- The Economic Impact on our Nation of Increased Levels of Educational Attainment
- Lord Fairfax Community College’s 40 Years of Positive Impact on the Shenandoah Valley
- Improving Your Leadership and Negotiation Skills
- Nursing Leadership / Management / Budget
- Leading with Others / Teamwork
- Goal Setting and Change Management/Building Winning Programs
- The Compassionate Leader
- Developing Compassion
- Keeping the Good Ones
- Leading…but is Anyone Following?
- The Art of Employee Engagement
- Shenandoah Valley History
- Cost Models for Education
- Using Longitudinal Data for Educational Research
- Data-driven Decision-making
- How to Take Better Pictures
- Asperger’s Syndrome and High Functioning Autism
- Human Sexuality
- The Global Energy/Climate Challenge
- Youth Mentoring
- English as a Second Language
- Critical Thinking
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Stress Management
- Energy Healing
If you are interested in scheduling a speaker, please contact Ashley Hansen at ahan…@lfcc.edu or 540-868-7101.